V3 of the original Buffalo Germanium Fuzz. The obvious change is the style of enclosure besides that the V3 Fuzz, like the V1 remains true to the original circuit with a few useful additions. External pregain control helps roll off some fuzz if required for a more vintage drive tone without the loss of top end clarity. The external bias control has more range than the V1 so gated, spitting tones are easier to achieve.
The original V1 used Matsushita 2SB175 transistors which in my opinion are some of the best available for this type of circuit but being impossible to source the V3 uses a mix of NOS Russian and Texas Instruments 2N404. This combination, when selected correctly and compared to the 2SB175's are tonally identical.
As the originals the Fuzz is a Positive ground circuit so will require it's own isolated adapter. A standard single 9v output from a Pedal Power Cioks, or similar is all that is required. Daisy chaining with negative ground pedals will not work.
Here's a great video from Brett Kingman demonstrating the original V1. I have ab'd them together and there is no difference other than the points note above.
- 100% Handmade
- True Bypass
- Controls: Pregain- Fuzz- Bias- Level
- Top mount power and signal jacks
- High quality components
- Low current dimmable Led
- Requires isolated 9v centre negative power supply or 9v battery
- Dimensions: 120 x 95 x 35mm - 4.7 x 3.7 x 1.5" (Enclosure only)
- Designed and handmade by myself using the highest quality components.
- Hand drilled and screen printed
- Neutrik fully enclosed panel mount signal and DC jacks. (Not board mounted)
- Audio grade through hole components
- Low noise metal film resistors